sábado, 23 de janeiro de 2016

Living in Japan!

I know I won't keep my word if I say I will keep this blog updated. Life happens, and I tend to be really busy. So I am doing something different this time.

I am just going to write a small update on what is going on with my life.

But wait... wtf, English?! This was supposed to be a blog written in Portuguese language! What the fuck?!

Settle down, will ya?! So, as the title of the post says, I moved to Japan. This is a country far far away from Brazil (it takes about 30 long ours to get from São Paulo city to Tokyo) and in case you didn't know the language spoken here is 日本語. Exactly, if you don't know how to read what I just wrote then you get where I am going at.

More and more foreigners come to Japan each and every year. But Japanese (or ni.ho.n.go in something called romaji - actually you don't use the dots in romaji; I added this so you get the cadence of the language) is a very different language. And the writing system is based on the Chinese writing system, which uses Kanji (漢字). In case of the Japanese language they even added more... unh.... "complexity" with two new sets of characters (in fact this simplifies a lot our lives, because instead of having to learn 20000+ kanji you only need to learn about 1/10 of that to be fluent - or kinda fluent, I am not there yet so I don't really know).

So yeah, Japanese is different. And you can't really read once you get out of your airplane (so, even using a dictionary can be difficult). So what do you do? Well, you meet some foreigners that have been here longer than you! They come from everywhere, having different native languages. But they all tend to have something in common: English as a 2nd language.

So, here it goes. I am focusing now on writing in English about Japanese things until I really know enough Japanese to write in Japanese, if that ever happens.


This got already too long and I am not going to proof read this anytime soon, so I am going to just stop... and move on to the next post (I kinda feel inspired today lol)

Nenhum comentário: